Spring is full of different kinds of weather. Make a paper plate story about weather with your child.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- One white paper plate
Here’s what you do:
- Fold a paper plate into four sections.
- Write the following story on the paper plate (one sentence per section):On a sunny day it is fun to ____.
On a cloudy day it is fun to ____.
On a rainy day it is fun to ____.
On a windy day it is fun to ____.
- When the story is complete, ask your child to draw small pictures to match each sentence and share it with the family.
- Use the following story (one sentence per section):The sun helps ____.
The clouds help ____.
The rain helps ____.
The wind helps ____.
- Read books that explain how rain is formed.
- Read books about different types of clouds. Draw pictures of the different types of clouds.
Picture book suggestion:
Skill: High-frequency words (weather)
Liked this page? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!