Here’s what you’ll need:
Here’s what you do:
Here are some ideas of writing activities about bats:
- Write a rhyming poem about bats (see sample worksheet). (I love this activity because a lot of words rhyme with bats.)
- Make a nonfiction shape book about bats. (The shape could be of a bat, a cave, or a bridge.)
- Begin a story with, “Bats are useful because…”.
- Write a persuasive story asking your parents to let you have a bat for a pet.
- Make a list of pros and cons of why a bat would make a good pet.
- Write sentences with the word “bat” in which bat has a different meaning from a mammal (examples: baseball bat, feeling batty, bat your eyelashes).
Here are some great Web sites for fun bat facts:
Liked this page? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!